- Chairman in a $4 million ad hoc arbitration concerning an oil and gas services contract dispute in West Africa.
- Co arbitrator in a $6 million ICC arbitration concerning an oil pipeline construction dispute.
- Sole arbitrator in a CIArb arbitration between entities in the UK and Guatemala concerning a credit agreement.
- President in a KIAC international arbitration concerning a multimodal transportation security contract.
- Sole arbitrator in an ICC multimillion-dollar state entity arbitration involving five steel concessions and share purchase contracts.
- Sole arbitrator in a CIArb arbitration between entities in the UK and Ecuador concerning a financing agreement.
- Sole arbitrator in an arbitration between entities in Ireland and Algeria concerning a loan agreement.
- Co arbitrator in a $5 million KIAC state entity arbitration concerning an IT contract.
Selected ADR And Litigation Experience
- Effective management of over 650 arbitrations, including emergency arbitrator cases, and reviewing over 500 awards at the ICC Court.
- Acting for parties in $15 million dispute arising out of letter of credit agreement and alleged Misrepresentation of completion dates of two fifth generation DP submersible rigs between Brazilian offshore contractor and drilling rig company.
- £1.2 million Soya beans cargo arbitration arising out of mould damage during carriage at sea.
- Mediation of cargo claims between US shippers and Nigerian owners.
- Successfully represented two large international utilities companies in two multi-million Expert Determination concerning adjustments to pricing formulae in energy supply agreements.
- Represented a UK-based commodities dealer and its Turkish subsidiary in a €30 million fraud and conspiracy action in the High Court in relation to credit facilities granted to a Turkish hazelnut processing company.
- Represented Claimant (a German telephone operator) in the High Court regarding the enforcement of an ICC arbitration award against a Malaysian mobile telephone operator including the obtaining of a freezing order over the roaming revenues of the Respondent held by various UK mobile phone operators.
- Successfully represented Claimant in £1.5 Million High Court claim involving the manufacture of pharmaceutical products, namely Gestone and Virormone.
- Acting for Mr. Anton Kristensen, a leading European antiques dealer in Kristensen v Archeus Fine Art Ltd ( EWHC 274QB).
Part of team which successfully prosecuted widely publicised US$2 billion fraud claim relating to the enforcement of a US$2 billion judgment against various members of the Uzan family in support of RICO and fraud proceedings taking place in the United States of America.
- $500 million negligence dispute involving bank and auditor over faulty audit procedures. The Barings collapse dispute.
- Represented a construction company in navigating new money laundering legislation.
- Advising a UK green energy company on the implementation of a £18 million waste management project in Osun State in Nigeria.
- Represented gas manufacturing company with a US$1.2 million joint venture to supply oxygen plants to state hospitals.
- Negotiated Nigerian-American pharmaceutical joint venture to set up operations in Nigeria various lifestyle medication.
- £1 billion securitisation of a portfolio of loans.
- €600 million Cornerstone 2007-1 securitisation of a portfolio of loans.
- Sale of £170 million pool of loans under an A/B structure.
- Sale of £300 million portfolio of distressed loans.
- Arbitrator and Counsel, Ogunseitan Arbitration, London, United Kingdom (2020 to date)
- Lecturer, Faculty of Law of Lyon Catholic University, Lyon, France (2020 to date)
- Teaching Faculty, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London, UK (2020 to date)
- Visiting Teaching Fellow, SOAS School of Law, SOAS University, London, UK (2020 to 2021)
- Counsel, International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce, Paris, France (2013 to 2020)
- Solicitor and Barrister, Adigun Ogunseitan & Co., Lagos, Nigeria (2008 to 2013)
- Solicitor, Cadawalader Wickersham & Taft LLP, London, UK (2007 to 2008)
- Solicitor, Steptoe & Johnson LLP, London, UK (2003 to 2007)
- Early Career Legal Experiences, CMGL (Now, Zurich Group Limited), Curtis David Garrard (now, Haynes and Boone CDG, LLP) and Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, London, UK (2000 – 2003)
Education, Bar And Law Society Admissions
- CIArb Fellow (FCIArb)
- Diploma in International Arbitration towards the Fellowship – The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom
- Admitted as a Solicitor and Barrister at Law in Nigeria
- Admitted as a Solicitor (n.p.) in England and Wales
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law
- LL.M. Maritime Law, University of Southampton
- LLB (Upper Second-Class Honours), University of Hull
- Panel Member, Kigali International Arbitration Centre
- Member CIArb Technology Committee
- Member CIArb Professional Development Advisory Group (PDAG)
- Supporting member the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (The LMAA)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators FCIArb
- Board Member ODR Africa Network
- Court and Arbitration Committee Member Lagos Court of Arbitration
- Founding Subcommittee IBA Arb40 under 40
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration